Sunday, February 15, 2015

The To Be Read Questionnaire


Jennifer over at The Relentless Reader posted this past week about her To Be Read pile, after being tagged to participate in a TBR questionnaire by a fellow blogger. Although Jennifer hasn't specifically tagged anyone in her post, she does encourage other bloggers to answer the questionnaire.  Since my TBR pile is out of control I thought this would be a fun questionnaire to take.  Here are my responses:

1. How do you keep track of your TBR pile?

I track my books on Shelfari, although my To Read list is probably not as up to date as it should be.

2. Is your TBR mostly print or eBook?

It's mostly print, but I do have a number of unread books sitting on my Kindle and my Kobo.  I do most of my reading in print, so I have a tendency to forget about the books on my ereaders.  

3. How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next?

My reading choices are totally determined by the mood I'm in when I'm looking for my next read.

4. A book that’s been on your TBR list the longest?

Definitely The Far Pavilions by M.M. Kaye, which I bought when I was in graduate school in the late 1990s.  I have no idea what has kept me from reading it, especially since I love historical epics. 

5. A book you recently added to your TBR?

I added The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah to my TBR just yesterday.

6. A book on your TBR strictly because of it’s beautiful cover.

None. I don't select books based on their covers.  

7. A book on your TBR that you never plan on reading.

At the moment my answer is none - if I don't plan on reading a particular book it won't be on my TBR pile :-)  That said, I have done a purge of my TBR pile recently, so the books I no longer have an interest in reading have already been removed.

8. An unpublished book on your TBR that you’re excited for.

 None. I don't have any unpublished books on my TBR pile. 

9. A book on your TBR that basically everyone has read but you.

I'll have to go with Fall of Giants by Ken Follett. 

10. A book on your TBR that everyone recommends to you.

I don't have a lot of people recommend books to me, it's usually me recommending books to others :-)

11. A book on your TBR that you’re dying to read.

I'm going to pick First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen. This book was published earlier this year and, given how much I love Addison Allen's books, I'm surprised I have read it yet.

12. How many books are on your Goodreads TBR shelf?

I don't use Goodreads much, so my TBR shelf is probably only a few books long. My Shelfari To Read shelf on the other hand is hundreds of books long. 

What about you? What is the state of your TBR pile?



post signature